Why Drop Baby Wipes?
The answer is very simple: PROTECTION!
From the moment your little one is born, your instinct tells you that you need to protect him/her.
And you do so - tirelessly.
Your baby will go over 2,500 diapers in the first year. Which means 2,500 instances of acidic liquid or solid waste being in contact with your baby's precious sensitive bottom. Sometimes for a few seconds, most likely for a few minutes and fingers crossed for a few hours when your little one is soundly sleeping.
So what is protecting her skin then? Are you applying protective balm at every diaper change as directed by your pediatrician?
Don't feel guilty, no one does. Why? Because life with a newborn is crazy and every second counts so we cut corners.
We all do it!
La Petite Creme will protect your baby's bottom 24/7 without having you to think about applying it!
- baby wipes (cleansing)
- baby powder (moisture control)
- diaper ointment/balm (protection)
- diaper cream (calming/soothing)
That way, the one step that you won't cut from your routine - cleansing - will take care of all the needs of your baby's sensitive bottom.
"I am concerned about the long term effects on my baby's health of ingredients I cannot pronounce."
That's why our Diapering Lotion contains no fragrance, no harsh chemicals and no preservatives! It is pediatrician-recommended, hypoallergenic and designed specifically for the most precious of all babies: yours!
What's inside? Here is our full ingredients list:
- Olive Oil
- Vegetable Glycerin
- Vitamin E
French Moms don't use Baby Wipes!
-- Dr. P. - Cecile's pediatrician
Recommended by hospitals and pediatricians throughout Europe, this multi-purpose lotion is known to help protect against 5 of the main causes of diaper rash:
- Acidity of stool and urine
- Chafing or rubbing
- Introduction of new foods / stool change
- Increased frequency of stools
- Sensitive skin
Source: Mayo Clinic
La Petite Creme is the ultimate French parents' trick to a safe, healthy and easy diapering routine.
Watch La Petite Creme in action in this tutorial (step by step instructions below):
How to change a diaper with La Petite Creme:
- Open the dirty diaper (disposable or cloth diaper)
- (for poopy diaper) Remove poop roughly with the diaper
- Take a plain cotton pad or a soft cotton washcloth
- Use the handy lotion pump to put the necessary amount of lotion on the cotton/washcloth
- Wipe the skin with the lotion impregnated cotton/washcloth to clean off all the pee/poop
- When the skin is nice and clean, place the new diaper on
- Leave the oily residue on the skin - this is the magic sauce!
And Voila! Your baby's skin is now naturally clean and disinfected PLUS the thin layer of oil that will remain on the skin will create a natural shield against future contact with pee or poop. Brilliant!
- Olive Oil
- Vegetable Glycerin
- Vitamin E
- Olive oil traps poops better than water (especially dry nap/overnight ones)
- Oil naturally repels water so the skin is protected from wetness build up in the diaper
- Oily residues create a shield on the skin that protects it from being directly in direct contact with the next pee/poop
- We select only the finest Extra Virgin Cold Press Olive Oil to make La Petite Creme - because quality matters when it comes to Olive Oil
- That smell! It makes you travel to ancient Europe without leaving the nursery.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How to use La Petite Creme? (video)
Check out our Tutorial page to learn how to use La Petite Creme to change a diaper.
How does it work with poop?
It works the same for pee and poop. You would be surprised how well oil can trap poop (especially if it has dried overnight).
Simply apply the desired amount of lotion on a cotton pad or a washcloth and wipe your little's one bum with it until clean.
The residue of lotion that are remaining on the skin will protect against direct exposure with the next pee or poop.
Do I need to clean first with water or a baby wipe and THEN apply the lotion?
No. The lotion is a cleanser AND a protective lotion 2-in-1. It is made a natural disinfectant, a natural healing ingredient and a natural moisturizer. Your baby's skin will be clean and disinfected without the risks of toxic chemicals.
How long does an 8 oz bottle last?
- Newborn: 1 month
- 6 months up: 1.5 month
Is it safe to use with Cloth Diaper?
No leaking! No staining! No need to change your wash routine.
Is it safe to on preemies and newborns?
How to get the lotion at the bottom of the bottle? (video)
Have you noticed how the consistency of your lotion varies with temperature? If you are having trouble getting the last drops at the bottom of the bottle, follow this simple trick: